Roles & Responsibilities
- Development, alignment and execution of strategic plan.
- Monitoring the curriculum implementation.
- Instructional and evaluation strategies.
- Development and nurturing a balanced, rigorous, positive and safe culture among the stakeholders.
3. Human Resource Management: Quality faculty and staff
- Evaluation, and
4. Organizational Management
- Support, manage, and oversee the operations
- Optimal use of resources of the Institution
5. Communication and Relations
- Communication, collaboration and engagement with stakeholders
- Demonstrate behavior consistent with legal, ethical, and professional standards
- Engage in continuous professional development
- Contribute to the profession.
7. Student Progress
- Foster student overall development in line with vision and mission of the institution.
8. Regulatory Compliance
- Ensure that information is provided to all regulatory agencies permitting to the institution timely.
- To introduce and implement innovative methods in teaching, learning and evaluation and shall act as Vision Head.
- To coordinate curriculum design, and updating the syllabus.
- To prepare academic calendar containing all details (including holidays)
- To prepare year plan for organizing Seminars/ Guest Lectures / Expert lectures/ Add- on courses/ Student Paper contests/ Exhibitions/ Workshops/ FDPs in consultation with HODs and to monitor proper execution of the programs.
- To oversee the conduct of diagnostic tests to identify slow learners.
- To analyze the results and organize reinforcement classes and report to the Principal/Management.
- To verify the course files and to counsel the faculty.
- To verify the students' attendance registers vis-a-vis lesson plans.
- To monitor the monthly progress reports of the students.
- To assist the principal in organizing the meetings of Governing Body, Academic Council and Boards of Studies.
- To plan, monitor and apprise the Principal regarding the execution of the Academic practices of all the departments.
- To advise and assist HODs in day-to-day discharge of their duties whenever required.
- To monitor all academic activities to fulfill the objectives of autonomous status.
Any other academic work assigned by the Management/ Principal from time to time
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the institution.
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process.
- Arrangement for feedback response from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality related institutional processes.
- Dissemination of information on various quality parameters of higher education.
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles.
- Documentation of the various programmes / activities leading to quality improvement.
- Acting as a nodal agency of the institution for coordinating quality related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices.
- Development and maintenance of institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining /enhancing the institutional quality.
- Development of quality culture in the institution.
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR).
- To encourage faculty to perform outcome based research Measurable Outcomes:
a. Research papers
b. Research projects
- To assist departments in establishing research centers with state-of-the-art equipment.
- Organizing the resources to the HODs and research faculty available in the R&D centers.
- Organizing review meetings on the progress of the research projects and consultancy works once in a quarter and to submit a report to the Dean (R&D).
- Interacting with the HODs in fixing the focus areas of research and consultancy assignments opted by the faculty, breaking the research areas into modules and modules into mini projects and major projects.
- Developing a research plan based on the proposals of each of the faculty and the Dean (R&D, Consultancy and IIR).
- Year / Semester End Question Paper Correspondence.
- Question bank preparation.
- Payments to the question paper setters.
- Issue of examination notifications and timetables
- Conduction of examinations
- Generation and distribution of question paper on the day of examination.
- Collecting comments from the departments.
- Safe custody of encoded answer scripts.
- Handing over and collection of answer scripts at spot valuation center.
- Making payments at spot center.
- Estimation and procurement of stationery for internal and external year / semester end examinations.
- Preparation of annual budget for examination section.
- Submitting the requirements for the upgradation of examination section.
- Procurement (design and printing) of grade sheets, provisional certificates, consolidated grade sheets.
- Organizing the results committee meetings and publishing of results.
- Organizing the malpractice redressal committee meetings to resolve the malpractice issue.
- Issue of notification for revaluation / recounting / personal verification.
- Getting scripts re-valued.
- Printing and issue of grade sheets, consolidated grade sheets and provisional certificates.
- Publishing final results of examinations
- Organizing graduation day.
- Making correspondence to JNTUH (Affiliating University) in all the aspects.
- Issue of duplicate grade sheets; consolidated grade sheets, provisional certificates and transcripts.
- Addressing students’ grievances and ensuring of discipline in conduction of examinations.
- Organizing competitive examinations conducted by other institutions.
- Providing service to the organizations in setting question papers and conducting spot valuation.
- Maintenance and repairs of electronics' and reprographic equipment.
- Maintenance and repairs of examination section vehicle.
- Maintenance of accounts related to examination section, stock of equipment and stationery through ledger and daybook.
- Maintenance and adherence of examination section staff establishment rules.
- Execution of duties assigned by the chief controller of examinations time to time.
- Organize comprehensive and continuous in house placement related training programs for students.
- Organize lectures from experts on personality development and soft skills.
- Arrange short term campus readiness training with expert agencies just before the placement season.
- Liaise with agencies for student certifications and internships.
- Correspond with prospective recruiters for placements and build an effective network of potential recruiters and maintain a comprehensive database.
- Explore hiring opportunities in core companies for students.
- Eliciting the feedback from recruiters during placements and share the same with students and HODs
- Co-ordinate with Heads of the Department on campus recruitment training, mock interviews and assessments.
- Co-ordinate with Training & Placement co-coordinators, administrative staff, and HODs for logistics arrangement, facilities for campus interviews and smooth execution of placements.
- Timely receipt of offer letters/appointment letters after completing the interviews.
- Distribute appointment letters and collect acceptance letters from the students and handover/ dispatch to employees.
- Invite industry experts and alumni for interactive sessions with students.
- Update the institute website and placement brochure.
HODs shall report to the principal regarding various activities and take his guidance and advice in all academic matters. He is solely responsible in all aspects to run the department democratically, giving leadership and directing, monitoring, controlling and checking progress of his department. He is responsible for:
- Planning for department operations, maintenance and development of budgets and submit reports to GB for approval in consultation with Deans and Principal.
- Conducting DDC meetings for academic / laboratory development once in a year.
- Conducting DAC meetings once in a semester to discuss matters of academic interest.
- Submit performance appraisals of faculty and staff.
- Preparing and submitting the departmental annual report to principal.
- Assigning teaching schedules and workloads to all faculty and staff.
- Distributing departmental work by forming appropriate committees with faculty members and assigning duties and responsibilities to run the department effectively, efficiently and democratically regarding.
• Academic Planning and Development.
• Maintenance and up-keeping.
• Association activities.
• Organizing industrial tours / visits.
• Counseling students.
• Training & Placement activities.
• Co and extracurricular works.
• Research and project works.
• Entrepreneur awareness.
• Alumni contacts and others.
• Library books, Journals, relevant to department.
• Organizing expert lectures and add-on courses.
- Monitoring faculty in discharging their academic and other duties such as:
• Preparation of lesson plans and course work schedule.
• Encourage to enhance new skills and techniques.
• Displaying students attendance, internal marks, lab, performance, results.
• Intimating parents in critical cases.
• Obtaining faculty feedback and offering necessary counseling.
• Apprising the faculty, students and parents about VCE's mission and goals.
• Maintaining constant rapport with faculty and students.
• Identifying thrust areas of R & D and interdisciplinary areas useful for employability of students.
• Improving qualifications.
• Overseeing the general maintenance of classrooms, labs.
- To develop PG syllabus.
- To look after PG admissions.
- To monitor and updating attendance to AICTE portal.
- To monitor GATE stipend.
- To monitor the quality of PG projects.
- To channelize internships for PG students.
Faculty members are required to comply the following instructions:
1. To mark the arrival time and leaving time in biometric system invariably before 10.00 AM in the morning and after 04.05 PM in afternoon.
2. To put the signature in the attendance register before 10.00 AM
3. To inform the irregularity of the students to the HOD.
4. To submit a report after attending any workshop/seminar/winter or summer school after they come back and they should give a seminar on that topic to the students/other faculty.
5. To be regular in evaluating the records of the students in the Labs.
6. Not to reassign the work allotted to you to somebody else without permission of HOD/principal.
7. Lab in-charge for each laboratory has to submit the requirement to the HOD well in advance before the semester begins.
8. To keep the faculty room clean.
9. Faculty should record in the movement register when they go out during college hours after taking prior permission from the concerned HOD / and applying GATE PASS.
10. To submit the lesson plan to the concerned HOD before the commencement of the semester, and copy of it will be returned after approval.
11. To maintain teaching dairy (in the attendance register) and it is to be attested by HOD for every fortnight.
12. The faculty members are supposed to give standard projects which are based on latest technology. Students must be discouraged to do study projects. The guide should see that all the members in the batch involve in executing the projects.
13. To offer the counseling to the students allotted to them and motivate the students to excel in their studies. It should be recorded.
14. Each faculty should maintain Course file which contains:
Syllabus, Lesson plan, course out comes, Mapping between course outcomes and POs, Lecture notes, Previous University and mid examination question papers, Tutorial problems with solutions, lesson diary, attendance register, evaluation procedure, CO attainment etc.
15. To engage classes regularly as per the time table and go to the classes punctually.
16. Make the alternate arrangements for their class work, whenever they apply leave. It must be adjusted to the faculty who handles the subject to that particular class.
17. Faculty should read the circular signed by the principal/HOD. Don’t allow any student to make any announcements/ canvas without prior permission
1. Advise the students who are irregular to the classes to be careful and inform the same to their parents over phone or by post.
2. They should see that whether the attendance is entered in online regularly or not at the end of day.
3. The attendance of the students who have less than 75 % must be sent to the parents by post. It must be sent by registered post, if the attendance is less than 65 %.
4. Internal marks of all the students should be sent to the parents.
5. The class teachers are required to prepare the minutes of meeting held with CRs and same must be submitted to HOD within two days of the meeting. If any important point in the minutes is required to discuss with the Principal or Management it is to be brought to the notice of Principal through HOD.