To foster excellence and professionalism in academics and extracurricular activities.
M1- To provide a strong foundation in basic and engineering sciences.
M2-To impart curricular, co-curricular and extracurricular training and life skills essential for college success.
M3-To develop students’ technical competence, communication skills and industry awareness, keeping in view socio-economic and ethical considerations.
Our students need to develop in an all-round manner and must understand the human and the social contexts within which all professional activities take place. For this reason the programmes should have more content, related to Humanities and Social Sciences. Science and Humanities plays a vital role in bringing out the students’ total personality to impart and enhance the advanced knowledge & skills and prepares them to meet the growing challenges of the industry and diverse societal needs of our nation.
Thus the objectives of the Department are :
1) To impart science-based engineering education to develop professional skills
that will prepare the students for immediate employment in the relevant branch of
engineering in industry, as against the model that just prepares them for post-graduate
2) To develop communication skills so that the students are able to express ideas clearly and persuasively, in written and oral forms.
3) To develop among students the ability to work with others, in professional and social settings.
4) To create among students the curiosity, the desire and the ability to keep learning throughout life.
5) To develop an understanding among students of the human, social and business context in which they will utilize their engineering skills.
6) To develop a global view among students so that they can appreciate diversity in the world and in intellectual pursuits.
7) To develop ability to recognize and appreciate the importance of ethical standards in professional work.