Entrepreneurship Development Cell
The aim of Entrepreneurship Development Cell(EDC) in Malla Reddy Engineering College (Autonomous) is promoting entrepreneurship among the youth and to nurture a passion for self-employment. As Entrepreneurship is increasingly recognized as an important driver of economic growth of a country, this cell will open gates for the creation of new knowledge-based innovative hi-tech ventures, industries and new generation of technopreneurs and more avenues of employment opportunities thus turning job seekers into job creators and in the process, leading the nation towards industrial excellence and self-reliance. The Entrepreneurship Development Cell of our college aims towards achieving the above.
Even Govt. of India has recognized the importance of entrepreneurship and has introduced programs like "Make in India" & "Start-up India". Entrepreneurship Development Cell (EDC) at MREC is to develop and strengthen entrepreneurial qualities in the budding professionals who are interested in starting their own ventures. The College provides infrastructure and technical support to the students having innovative ideas to transform into new products and services for the betterment of society. The EDC also assists all the aspirants with mentoring, planning, and execution of their start-up idea into a real business.
Hence an Entrepreneurship Development Cell was constituted in the college with a dedicated team of actively working faculty who has industry exposure. Aspiring engineer entrepreneurs are groomed with the necessary inputs on how to be a successful entrepreneur through workshops and seminars by eminent people from the industry. At MREC, we encourage the students to consider self-employment as a career option, providing necessary training in Entrepreneurship skills through standardized courses. The cell also organizes different activities and events from time to time to train and motivate the students on entrepreneurship.
To contribute to the growth of our country by nurturing entrepreneurs imbibed with leadership qualities, integrity and sustainability using innovative and ethical business practices.
To be the knowledge resource center, providing a platform to instill the passion of entrepreneurship.
The objective of this cell is to promote the spirit of Entrepreneurship among the students. The activities of this cell include organizing Awareness camps, Mentoring Students, Assisting in getting financial support for Startups.
- To create awareness on entrepreneurship among the students.
- To establish a relationship between the EDC of MREC, Industries, R&D institutions and other related organizations engaged in promoting Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) including NGOs and other Voluntary Organizations.
- To imbibe the spirit of entrepreneurship among Engineering graduates and postgraduates along with management postgraduates.
- To conduct various skill development programs and hands-on workshops with updated technologies nurturing an entrepreneurial mindset among the students.
- To respond effectively to the ever-changing market and converting the same into global opportunities.
- To catalyze and promote the development of S&T based Enterprises and promote employment opportunities.
- To provide need-based consultancy services to industries.
- To act as an institutional mechanism for providing various services including information to budding student entrepreneurs.
EDC Coordinator Details
|Assoc Professor, CE|